Since 1948, Bretford has been committed to producing high-quality products that add value to people's work and learning experiences. From the start, we've worked to minimize waste throughout the product life cycle. Our company-wide Sustainability@Bretford program has goals that put the environment first. We've been working to:
- Eliminate waste
- Eliminate harmful emissions
- Use renewable energy
- Create a closed-loop process so that every Bretford product can be recycled at the end of its lifecycle
- Integrate sustainability into our culture so that opportunities for change and improvement come from all areas of the business
- Provide education and resources to all departments and facilities to continually improve our environmental performance
- Share knowledge, ideas, and resources with our employees, our customers, our business partners, and our local communities
- Use our environmental performance metrics as an informational support tool for day-to-day and long-term business decision-making
And as we look further into the 21st Century, our goal is to create even healthier product options for our customer and for the planet. We have significantly strengthened our commitment to pursuing sustainable business practices, and will continue to focus on four primary areas:
- Waste Reduction | Our goal is to reduce our consumption of electricity, water and natural gas, our annual volume of waste to landfills, and our greenhouse gas emissions.
- Green Documentation | Our goal is to look at the raw materials of each major product group, summarize the information, and publish an Environmental Summary.
- Design for the Environment | All materials, products, and processes are being evaluated to ensure they are as friendly to the environment as possible.
- Materials Management | We're exploring innovative materials that are greener, leaner, lighter, stronger and safer, including tabletop options, the elimination of hazardous and toxic materials/finishes, and high recycled-content components.